Click on this link for special Ingredients found on Amazon-
2 tbls olive oil
7 oz chorizo
6 oz squid
3 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
1 1/2 cup of bomba rice
2 ripe tomatoes or 1 can crushed
10 oz chicken thighs
3 1/2 cups hot broth
1 tsp saffron threads
1 cup of frozen peas
14 large ptawns
12 large mussels
2 lemons cut into wedges
1. Chorizo - heat 1 tbls oil in paella pan and brown
2. Squid cook 45 second each side remove
3. Garlic, onion, peppers 2 min push to the side of the pan
4. Brown ck push to the side of the pan
5. Brown rice until coated w oil
6. Pour the broth slowly all around the pan and jiggle the pan to get the rice into an even layer. (Do not stir the mixture going forward!).
7. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Give the pan a gentle shake back and forth just once or twice during cooking. (We don't ever stir the rice, so that a crispy crust forms at the bottom, called a socarrat).
8. Cook for about 15-18 minutes (uncovered), then nestle the shrimp, mussels and calamari into the mixture, sprinkle peas on top and continue to cook (without stirring) for about 5 more minutes. Watch for most of the liquid to be absorbed and the rice at the top nearly tender. (If for some reason your rice is still not cooked, add ¼ cup more water or broth and continue cooking).
9. Remove pan from heat and cover pan with a lid or tinfoil. Place a kitchen towel over the lid and allow to rest for 10 minutes.